Friday, November 10, 2006

I posted earlier about not receiving my A1C results and as of 4pm today (2 weeks post visit) I still have no idea what the results were. I wonder if it's because of all the other tests they must have been running with the 4 vials of blood they took. I must say, the phlebotomists at Joslin are the best I've ever had--even if she did drop a vial on the floor.

Has anyone else heard that the instant A1C machines are less reliable than having the lab do the blood work? I have heard that the home ones are, but are the machines that they have in doctor's offices less reliable as well?

Julia posted below that the technicians that she has encountered always gripe that some higher-up won't put out the money for the machines. Hmm.

Joslin, please send me my results! Thanks. :)

--------------


I'm having a hard time pinning down my morning numbers issue. I can go to bed at 112 after a snack 2 hours earlier and wake up at 280. This is not normal! I've tried not eating before bed and I had great results (read post on November 3; sorry for some reason my blogs don't have links to open in their own windows. I broke my blog-crap!). Last night I tried eating something with the carb counts on the package. Went to bed and woke up with great numbers. So, my last evaluation here is that my carb counting is a little bit shoddy at night. oops.

--------------


This is where I'll be tonight! My second favorite event with our youth group kids!

3 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I hope you get your results sometime before you are due for your next endo appointment!

:-)

Major Bedhead said...

I'd give them a call.

Dominic said...

Thank you ffor writing this