Wednesday, November 22, 2006

beta beta beta

I did it. I switched to beta.

I wasn't going to, but curiosity got the best of me. Well that and the fact that there was something better... or was there?

One of the features of beta, the new, easy to use template rearranger/formatter, I can't use. If I do switch to it, I lose all of my formatting (i.e. banner, font, diabetes ribbon, etc). And some things, like the font and colors are easy fixes, especially with the new beta, but other things like the banner, require more work, so I am holding off on those things.

Another annoyance I have is the signing in with my gmail account. I might have benefited from thinking this through more thoroughly. The gmail account associated with this blog is not my everyday, send me an email, email. This is because I'm sensitive about my anonymity here on the good ol' internet. So, in order to comment on your blog or even write this blog, I have to sign out of my email and log into the other account. Slight annoyance.

However, Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so I'm going to try to be thankful for all the wonderful people at google who have provided me with the best email service I've ever had (yay for less spam and spam that filters itself well and for spam recipes, which I'd never, ever cook). Google also provides me with answers and my calendar. Yay google.

I'm thankful for some other things this evening and here they are in an ever so convenient, bulleted format:
  • Did you read about the chemical explosion in Danvers, Ma? I went to school very nearby to that town. I am amazed at how large the explosion was (I had a friend a couple of towns over who were frightened by the blast and apparently it was felt as far away as parts of Maine and NH.) I'm also amazed that no one was killed. It reminds me of how thankful I should be. (If you want to see more photos and info, go to Boston.com, but you'll have to sign up for a free registration.
  • I'm not a fan of the holidays. I don't have a big family and I just found out on Sunday where I would be spending tomorrow. (I'm not a grinch, really) That being said, I am thankful that I will spend dinner with my two wonderful nieces and my new nephew!
  • If my scale is correctly calibrated to the one at Joslin, I've lost weight since my appointment and hopefully a little more than just water weight or whatever (technically the scale read 7 lbs under my weight as of October 27th; I hope I'm only being pessimistic without a need to be). Whatever lit the fire under my butt, thank you.
  • I'm tired. I am extremely thankful for the bed I have in the other room and the heat that I can afford to keep me warm on a bitterly cold night like tonight.
  • I'm thankful for my computer :) duh.
  • This may be cliche by tomorrow afternoon, but I'm thankful for the Diabetes OC and the wonderfully supportive and understanding people that are a part of it.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

(I'll be back tomorrow with a Thanksgiving PhotoThursday type of post. Can't give up on Nablopomo after all these days!)

oh, and beta has me paranoid just like the comments... I just copied and pasted the whole post, because you never know when a beta program's gonna freak out and delete!

No comments: