Thursday, February 01, 2007

OC New Me Check-in Time

I've lost the equivalent of 3.66 Digital Canon Rebels in body weight since December (11lbs). Ha. Only 2.66 since OC New Me started though (8lbs).

I sent in my photo of the scale to Allison just moments ago for the OCNMC. I had to weigh myself with and without the camera to find out it's exact weight and my weight and then explain it to Allison. Thankfully, my weight with the camera is enough to get me in at the loss of 5lb, so I don't appear sketchy!

What's amazing to me is that I've lost 11 pounds since December without exercising anymore than normal. It's a wonder to me why I can't muster up the motivation to exercise knowing that I could gain a little energy from it and lose the weight a little easier, because I know this won't last forever.

It's just that, like in all things, I run out of time. There isn't a whole lot of time to be running to the gym for a workout (I hate working out too). I spend one night a week at a local Y playing wallyball. If I could two times a week, it'd be perfect!

It's just that we do things that we know are unhealthy or not the best choice, knowing full well that they are harmful, because we don't have the time or the energy or the motivation. What better motivation could I have for exercise than adding years to my life, controlling blood sugars, feeling better about myself, etc. Yet, still, I resist. UGH.

This seems to apply to all things: testing blood sugars before driving, basal tests, eating healthy...

At least I know I'm not alone!

And if you're doing the OCNMC, don't forget to get your stuff to Allison!

4 comments:

BetterCell said...

Hi Mel....The best way to get started w/exercise is a commitment and conscious determination that you have to stick to for at least 2-3 weeks. Once your body/mind get use to doing movement than it will become easier and you will "automatically" find time to do various exercises. As you know, running is not the only aerobics available. You can do swimming which has not impact on your lower joints, so it is a "better way to go".

Bernard said...

Congratulations Mel and thanks for the reminder.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Congratulations Mel!

I am not doing so great on the weight portion, but I think I'm good for my BG's (which is good).

Take care!

Chrissie in Belgium said...

Wow Mel, that is great - 11lbs is a lot! You are obviously doing something right!

I read an interesing article somewhere about how when you loose weight, your body wants to go back to its earlier equibrium and it fights you and your good intentions by lowering tyour metabolism. This means that if you eat less and start loosing weight ,when the metabolism decreases you have to eat even less food. PITA! But if you exercise you increase your metabolism rate so exercise and less food usually works best in the long run. But you are getting exercise - walleyball once a week. Just choosing stairs over elevators and escalators helps. WTH is walleyball???